Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Raw Young Coconut Milk


So I've been really into young coconuts for the past two weeks (this isn't the first time), but it's definitely the first time I've decided to take it a step further and make my own raw coconut milk. I'm surprised as to how easy this really is and how many of us would benefit from doing this at home more often! Not to mention the amazing benefits of the young coconut; it's a win win! If you don't already know how to open a young coconut, you can learn how to do that right here.

Once you've opened up your young coconut and poured out your water (pour it into your blender already), all you have to do is scrape out the coconut meat from the inside (I used a wooden spoon but you can use a spatula or another method if you find your own). The texture of the meat feels really rubbery and smooth, and you can do all kinds of things with it like add it to a smoothie, eat it just so, or make this delicious milk. All you have to do is put the meat right into your blender along with your coconut water and blend away. Yes, it's that simple! From here on you can go ahead and have it plain or add some vanilla extract or anything else you wish. I kept it plain and put my jar into my fridge to cool and I also enjoyed a raw 'cereal' with bananas (very good). Hope I've been of help for this and I hope you'll try it out and enjoy it, too! x

No comments:

Post a Comment