Friday, May 3, 2013

Kale with Chard Herb Infused Salad


Above is one of my 'signature' salads that I've made over and over again for some time now because it's that good! One thing you should know is I personally love using herbs in my salads; particularly parsley, cilantro, and dill. A lot of people might not like herbs in their salads, or feel that they don't belong there... but I can't get enough of them and I encourage you all to try this out the way it is! Behind the ingredients I have what I used to dress the salad (soy free vegenaise and balsamic vinegar), both of which are not raw (but are vegan), so please feel free to dress it any way you like. 

Ingredients:
  1. Half a head of green kale 
  2. About 1 cup of curly parsley 
  3. 2 leafs of swiss chard 
  4. 1/2 of 1 Hass avocado 
  5. About 1 cup of cherry tomatoes 
  6. Half a lemon 
  7. Diced white onion 
  8. A dash of cilantro on top 

and that's it! This is a huge salad that you can choose to either enjoy alone (don't feel guilty, I do it all the time!) or share with a loved one, a family member, or a friend. And guess what? It only takes 5 to 10 minutes to make and it is super delicious, crunchy, healthy, and GREEN! Enjoy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment