Monday, April 29, 2013

Very Berry Red Kale Smoothie




I was inspired to make a purple smoothie yesterday evening, so I gathered what I thought would look and taste amazing together. I discovered some frozen organic cherries in my freezer that I had no idea were there (which made me very happy since they are currently not in season), some blueberries, strawberries, and of course the rest of my red kale. This made for a really sweet, thick, and delicious smoothie with beautiful colour. If you're one for berries, this is the smoothie for you!




Ingredients: 
  1. 6 cups of Red Kale (yes, 6! Kale is naturally a very fluffy, crunchy green- so when you measure it, it actually makes for a lot of cups. I used about half a head of Red Kale for this amount) 
  2. 1 cup of blueberries 
  3. 1/4 a cup of organic frozen cherries (you can find them in the frozen fruit/veggie aisle) 
  4. 1/4 a cup of light canned coconut milk 
  5. 4 strawberries 
  6. A capful of vanilla extract* for additional sweetness 
  7. 2 1/2 cups of H20 
  8. Lots of ice! 
*Optional ingredient

As you can see, this is a pretty simple recipe. It serves about 4 to 5 cups and it took me anywhere from 5-10 minutes to make. Great for, in my opinion, any time of day that you may be craving something sweet and/or different. Enjoy! x  

No comments:

Post a Comment