Sunday, April 28, 2013

Raw Tomato Soup

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday to you all. The weekend is officially coming to an end, and we are almost at the last day of the month, meaning it's almost May, which is inspiring me more and more to make lovely spring-derived recipes for each and every one of you. Today I was inspired to make a beautiful raw tomato soup, and to my surprise it came out not only delicious, but also very gazpacho-esque, which if you don't already know is an extremely refreshing soup from Spain. While I was compiling the ingredients for this recipe, I had no idea what it would come out like. I basically go by my instincts and what I know tastes good together, or what I think could marry well. As usual, I was pleasantly surprised with the results, and so was my family. This is a great soup to share with friends, a loved one, family members etc. I'd also recommend leaving it in the fridge to cool for awhile, or adding ice to the blender if you want it instantly! It's very filling (my tummy is sooo happy right now) and also very light, and I hope you'll try it and enjoy it as much as I did!

Ingredients:
  1. About 2 cups of organic grape tomatoes 
  2. 2 vine ripe tomatoes 
  3. A sliver of avocado 
  4. Half a handful of fresh organic basil 
  5. 6-7 stocks of celery 
  6. A tiny dollop of soy free vegenaise* 
  7. 1 lemon 
  8. 2 sticks of organic hearts of palm 
  9. 8 oz of H20
*Optional ingredient



This recipe definitely exceeded my expectations taste-wise! Absolutely delicious and refreshing like I expressed before. Before I close this post, there's something I forgot to mention in my introduction that I find very important. I'd like to encourage all of you to use 100% organic ingredients if you can, and anything that you buy canned, make a point to look for this label. I'd also like to encourage you to look into the Non-GMO Project; it's very interesting and informative and gives you a heads up on what is and isn't genetically modified at your local grocers, restaurants etc. Please feel free to leave any comments for me below with questions, feedback, or just plain love :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment